There’s a good reason why barn wedding venues are growing in popularity. Barns do more than just provide a rustic and charming setting that is perfect for a wedding, they also offer a variety of options for both the ceremony and reception. However, because barns aren’t your typical wedding venue, figuring out what to wear can be a bit tricky. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! Here are some tips on what to wear to a barn wedding venue.
Barn Wedding Attire Dos and Don’ts
Barn wedding venues are notorious for being a blank slate for the bride and groom to create whatever kind of experience they would like, with a hint of rustic flair. With that much freedom it can be hard to know exactly what to wear. Follow these tips when it comes to deciding what direction to take your outfit:
- Wear comfortable shoes. There will likely be a lot of walking and dancing, so you’ll want to be able to move easily.
- Choose something you feel comfortable in. You’ll want to be relaxed and enjoy your special day!
- Consider the weather. Pick airy, sweat-wicking clothing if it’s going to be warm. Wear layers if it’s going to be cold so you can stay warm.
- Go for natural fabrics. They’ll breathe better in warm weather and won’t make you as sweaty as synthetic fabrics will.
- Wear something too revealing. Barns are often located in rural areas, so you’ll want to make sure you’re respectful of the venue and its surroundings.
- Wear something that is too formal. Barn wedding venues usually host usually more casual affairs, so save your ball gowns for another event.
- Forget to check the forecast! You don’t want to be caught in a downpour without an umbrella or be sweating through your clothes in the middle of summer.
- Wear something that you’re not comfortable in. This is your day, so make sure you’re happy and comfortable with what you’re wearing.
What to Wear if You’re the Bride
If you’re the bride, you’ll want to find a balance between feeling like a princess and being comfortable on your big day. A flowy white dress is a great option, as it’s romantic and whimsical without being too formal. You could also go for a shorter dress if you’re having a more casual affair.
What to Wear if You’re the Groom
The groom’s attire will largely be determined by the bride’s outfit and the overall tone of the wedding. If the bride is wearing a long, formal dress, the groom should wear a suit or tuxedo. If the bride is wearing a shorter, more casual dress, the groom can get away with wearing slacks and a button-down shirt.
What to Wear as a Guest
There are a few considerations to make regarding wedding guest attire. First, you’ll want to make sure you’re respectful of the bride and groom’s wishes. If they’ve specified a dress code, be sure to follow it. Second, you’ll want to consider the location of the wedding. If it’s outdoors in the middle of summer, you’ll want to dress accordingly. And finally, you’ll want to make sure you’re comfortable. After all, you want to be able to enjoy the festivities!
Celebrate Your Love Story Under the Stars
If you’re looking for a rustic and charming barn wedding venue, Staurolite Barn is the perfect place for you! With its picturesque setting in the heart of Georgia’s Blue Ridge Mountains and a variety of options for both the ceremony and reception, your wedding will be an unforgettable and magical experience. Call us today at (706) 932-5402 or visit our website to book your event and let us help make your wedding dreams come true!